Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm a REAL missionary now!

Hey Everybody!
 
I hope you are all doing well! This week was pretty cool because our zone goal was to have a "perfect week" (20 lessons and 140 street contacts) and Elder Benner and I were able to get that done for the first time since I came out. It was really cool that we were able to do it since Elder Benner was really sick on Wednesday and the Medical Adviser told him to stay in bed so we spent the whole entire day in the apartment. Elder Benner just slept and I studied all day, and we were still able to get our goal which was pretty cool. Also Elder Benner is our new District Leader, and I am no longer a trainee, I'm a REAL missionary now! I was realizing that on Feb 2, it had been 3 months since I went into the MTC. Its so weird, it doesn't feel like its been even close to that long. I'm really enjoying the mission so far! And its gotten even better since we started teaching Kennan. I'm pretty sure I've talked about him before, but he is friends with our Elders Quorum President's wife. He is super awesome! He has already finished the Book of Mormon and the Lectures on Faith (which I haven't even read), and is now reading The Doctrine and Covenants. He has been to church every week since before New Years. He really just loves everything about the church and everything we have been teaching him but is kind of hung up on the "one true church" part of it. But he is definitely getting there, and I am very confident he will be baptized soon. I am really excited because he is my first real progressing investigator. 
 
Anyway that's about all that I have for today news wise, but there is a member in our ward named John Blank who thinks he might have been in Dad's ward growing up. He is about 5 or 6 years older than Dad but has siblings that would have been his age. So dad if you know any Blanks from your ward in San Jose, one of them may be in my ward. He was wondering what ward you were in, was it the 3rd ward? Mom, if my ankle brace isn't in my blue tote then I'm not sure where it might be. Maybe in the top drawer of my dresser? But if you can't find it don't worry about it, I can do without. And there isn't a knee brace. I'm not a wuss. Anyway, I hope you are all doing well, especially you Joseph, and I will write a letter to you if I can find time and remember to, but I would love to get a letter from you! Anyway I love you all and hope to hear from you all soon!
 
Love,
Elder Spencer Grant Harbold
(written 2/14/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment