Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Do Whatever It Takes

Hey Everybody!

How are you all doing! Things are going pretty good here, pretty much the same old thing, except for the first time since I got here the weather has been really bad. It rained all last week and was windy and cloudy and cold and miserable. But thats all over now and we are back to warm sunny California weather. How is the weather in Utah? I heard it was snowing down there recently. I never thought I would say this, but I kinda miss the snow. And not just the snow, I miss Utah. Its not like I'm homesick or anything, but like at night and stuff I catch myself missing it.

Anyway, with Kennan, he is still doing really well. He has a strong Christian background. We talked about the Book of Mormon last week, and he said that one of the reasons that he really liked it was because the Jesus it talks about is the Jesus he knows. So thats good. He is excited for General Conference because he says that he would need to gain a testimony of living prophets if he is gonna get baptized. We will definitely tell him to have a few questions in his mind when he watches it. We have talked about baptism a few times, and he says that if he decides that its true then he will do whatever it takes to be baptized. He is almost done with the D & C now and is about to start the Pearl of Great Price. So ya, that's about all I have on him today.

We had apartment inspection this morning which we passed with flying colors. I was doing dishes early this morning before study, and I heard Mom's voice, "you have to scrub the WHOLE THING inside and out so that there couldn't possibly be anything on it." Thank you Mom and Dad for being such great parents and teaching me things like dishes and laundry. It has made life out here much easier.

So can you belive that I have been out almost 5 months already! Its crazy. It doesn't even seem close to that long. Its almost a quarter over already. If you really want to send me some stuff for my birthday, I gave some of my MoTab cd's to someone so if you could send the Praise to the Man and This is The Christ ones that would be awesome. My ankle brace would be good and some more mangos would be way sweet. Thank you for all that you do and all of your prayers and support. I appreciate it more than I can express! I love you all and hope to hear from you all soon!

Love,

Elder Spencer Grant Harbold
(Letter written 3/20/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment