Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Oops

Hey Everybody!
Sorry you didn't get an e-mail from me yesterday, we didn't have time to come out to the library so our zone leaders gave us permission to do it today. But the mission is awesome! My zone is the San Jose South zone and its the most successful zone in the mission. My trainer is Elder Benner. He is way awesome. WE are really good at getting up on time and doing all of our studying and keeping the schedule and following rules and such. And I found out our mission is the only mission in the world where the church has done away with tracting. We are still supposed to get 140 street contacts a week, but we do not knock on doors. In our mission we are doing a lot of work with the less actives and referrals. And our ward is really cool! I had Thanksgiving lunch at the ward mission leader's house and then dinner with the McNeal's who are an older part member couple. It was so cool. Last week we didn't have very many lessons because of the holiday, but this week we are probably gonna have more than 20! I'm way excited. Mom I got those letters from Josh and Greg. Thanks for those, they were awesome. My new address is 824 Deland Ave Apt 5, San Jose CA 95218. The mission secretary asked us to tell our families so that she could cut down on the hundreds of letters that she has to sort through a day. So ya that's basically my story so far. It's been really great so far and I'm super excited to be here! Thanks for all of your support, I love you all!
Elder Spencer Grant Harbold


Note from the Mom: I feel compelled to note that his belief that his is the only mission in the world that has done away with tracting is likely not accurate. For instance, there was no tracting allowed in all of Mexico when I was on my mission, and I don't think that has changed. I think we can safely chalk this up to mission legend..;)

No comments:

Post a Comment