Monday, February 6, 2012

Excited About Teaching

Hey Everybody!
How are you all doing? I have a little bit more to write about this week. One of the less active members we have been teaching, Linda, is doing super well. She has had a problem with substance abuse pretty much her whole life but she is trying so hard to get off. She was a heroin addict and an alcoholic but has recovered from both of those, she has been off pain pills for about 2 years now, and now she is just working on smoking and some sleeping pills. But she is so awesome! She is trying so hard and really doing everything we ask her to that we know will help her. We usually meet with her twice a week and she always has new things she has found in the Book of Mormon that she really likes. Until yesterday she couldn't really remember where the Book of Mormon even came from. I really love Linda, she is so awesome. And we have been able to teach Joe again. I talked about him a month or more ago, but he has been out of town and just recently came back. We had a lesson with him last night and it just kind of seemed like religion is more of a hobby to him than something spiritual. But we will keep teaching him and trying to help him feel the spirit and realize what it is he is going to need to do if he is really serious about religion. But he is a super awesome guy, he is very smart and just very interesting. Those are the people that I'm kind of excited about teaching right now.
There is something kind of funny that happened. Last Monday when we were leaving the library, we got outside and realized that someone had stolen the front wheel off of Elder Benner's bike. At first we were worried about it because those things are expensive, but when we were at a bike shop looking at some wheel sets, the owner came out and was talking to us and ended up selling Elder Benner one that someone had donated to the shop for $20. That's a screamin' deal! Anyways that's all I really have for this week. Except for I'm not sure if you have gotten my 2 emails about things that I could use in a package if you haven't sent it yet, but if you can I could really use my blue and green Nike basketball shoes that are in my blue tote and also my weighted vest and ankle weights that are probably also in my tote and also a pop up laundry basket. Thanks!
Love,
Elder Spencer Grant Harbold
(written 1/30/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment